Welcome to the ultimate guide that will take you on an enthralling journey through India’s eVisa airport and seaports! Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or embarking on your very first adventure to this diverse and vibrant country, our comprehensive guide is here to equip you with all the essential information for a seamless entry. From bustling airports to picturesque seaports, we’ll unravel the hidden gems, share insider tips, and ensure your Indian eVisa experience is nothing short of extraordinary. So fasten your seatbelts and get ready for an unforgettable expedition into India’s enchanting entry points! Indian eVisa Airport and Seaports for Entry
Introduction to Indian eVisa and its Benefits
Traveling to India has become easier and more convenient with the introduction of the Indian eVisa system. This electronic visa, also known as e-Tourist Visa or eTV, allows foreign nationals from eligible countries to apply for a visa online and receive it electronically before their trip.
The Indian government launched the eVisa program in 2014 with the aim of simplifying the visa application process and promoting tourism in India. It has since expanded to cover various categories such as tourist, business, medical, conference, and medical attendant visas.
Benefits of Indian eVisa
1. Convenience and Time-saving: The most significant benefit of the Indian eVisa is its convenience. Applicants can apply for a visa from anywhere in the world at any time using an internet-connected device. This eliminates the need to visit an embassy or consulate and saves valuable time.
2. Easy Application Process: The application process for Indian eVisa is straightforward and hassle-free. Applicants are required to fill out an online form with personal, passport, travel, and contact information. They also need to upload a scanned copy of their passport bio page and a recent photograph. The entire process takes only a few minutes. Indian eVisa ports allowed for exit
3. Fast Processing: Unlike traditional visas that can take weeks or even months for processing, an Indian eVisa can be obtained within 72 hours of submission in most cases. This makes it ideal for last-minute travel plans.
Step-by-Step Guide to Obtaining an Indian eVisa for Airport and Seaport Entry
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility
The first step to obtaining an Indian eVisa for airport and seaport entry is to determine your eligibility. The Indian government offers different types of eVisas, including tourist, business, medical, and conference visas. Each type has its specific requirements and validity periods. Make sure you choose the correct type according to your purpose of travel.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents
Once you have determined your eligibility, it is essential to gather all the necessary documents for your eVisa application. These documents include a valid passport with at least six months of validity from the date of arrival in India, a recent passport-sized photograph with a white background, and proof of return or onward travel tickets.
If you are applying for a business visa, you will also need to provide an invitation letter from an Indian company along with a copy of their registration certificate. For medical visas, you will need to submit relevant medical documents and letters from recognized medical institutions in India.
Step 3: Fill Out the Online Application Form
After gathering all the required documents, you can proceed to fill out the online application form. You can access this form on the official website of the Indian government’s eVisa portal. Make sure to double-check all information entered before submitting as any errors may result in delays or rejection of your application.
Required Documents and Fees
When traveling to India with an eVisa, there are certain required documents and fees that you need to be aware of. These documents and fees ensure a smooth and hassle-free entry into the country. In this section, we will discuss the necessary documents and fees for your Indian eVisa.
1. Valid Passport: Your passport must have at least six months of validity from the date of arrival in India. It should also have at least two blank pages for stamping purposes.
2. Digital Photograph: You will need to upload a recent front-facing photograph with a white background while filling out your online application form. The photograph should be in JPEG format and not exceed 1 MB in size.
3. Flight Details: You will be asked to provide details of your arrival flight, including airline name, flight number, date of arrival, and airport/port of arrival in India.
4. Proof of Accommodation: You must have proof of your accommodation arrangements during your stay in India. This can include hotel reservations or a letter from your host if you are staying with family/friends.
5. Credit/Debit Card or PayPal Account: To pay for the eVisa fee, you will need a valid credit/debit card or a PayPal account linked to it.
The cost for an Indian eVisa varies depending on the type of visa and nationality of the applicant. Here is a breakdown of the fee structure:
Tips for a Smooth Arrival at Indian Airports and Seaports with an eVisa
Arriving in a new country can be an overwhelming experience, especially when you are not familiar with the processes and procedures. However, with the help of this guide, your arrival at Indian airports and seaports with an eVisa will be smooth and hassle-free. Here are some tips to keep in mind for a stress-free entry into India:
1. Apply for your eVisa well in advance:
Before embarking on your journey to India, make sure to apply for your eVisa at least 4-7 days before your travel date. This will give you enough time to complete the application process and receive your approved visa.
2. Print out all necessary documents:
Make sure to print out all the necessary documents related to your eVisa including the copy of your approved visa, flight tickets, hotel bookings, and any other supporting documents required by Indian authorities. Having physical copies of these documents will save you from any unnecessary delays or complications during immigration.
3. Check for designated entry points:
Not all airports and seaports in India are equipped to process eVisas. Make sure to check the list of designated entry points before booking your flight or cruise liner ticket. Currently, 28 international airports and 5 major seaports in India accept eVisas.